Implement Business Central and explore methods to upgrade to NAV 2018
- Learn the key roles of Dynamics NAV partner and the roles within your customer's organization
- Create configuration packages and perform data migration
- Explore Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central to use Dynamics NAV 2018 functionalities in the Cloud
Microsoft Dynamics Business Central is a full business solution suite and a complete ERP solution, which contains a robust set of development tools; these tools can help you to gain control over your business and can simplify supply chains, manufacturing, and operations. Implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central On-Premise covers the latest features of Dynamics Business Central and NAV from the end users' and developers' perspectives. It also provides an insight into different tools available for implementation, whether it's a new installation or migrating from the previous version of Dynamics NAV.
This book will take you from an introduction to Dynamics NAV 2018 through to exploring all the techniques related to implementation and migration. You will also learn to expand functionalities within your existing Microsoft Dynamics NAV installation, perform data analysis, and implement free third-party add-ons to your existing installation. As you progress through the book, you will learn to work with third-party add-on tools. In the concluding chapters, you will explore Dynamics 365 Business Central, the new Cloud solution based on the Microsoft NAV platform, and techniques for using Docker and Sandbox to develop applications.
By the end of the book, you will have gained a deep understanding of the key components for successful Dynamics NAV implementation for an organization.
What you will learn
- Explore new features introduced in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018
- Migrate to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 from previous versions
- Learn abstract techniques for data analysis, reporting, and debugging
- Install, configure, and use additional tools for business intelligence, document management, and reporting
- Discover Dynamics 365 Business Central and several other Microsoft services
- Utilize different tools to develop applications for Business Central
Who this book is for
Implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central On-Premise is for Dynamics NAV partners and end users who want to know everything about Dynamics NAV implementation. This book is for you if you want to be a project manager or get involved with Dynamics NAV, but do not have the expertise to write code yourself. This book can also help you to understand the need to move to Business Central and its advantages.