Imagine what you could do if scalability wasn't a problem. With this hands-on guide, you...ll learn how the Cassandra database management system handles hundreds of terabytes of data while remaining highly available across multiple data centers. This third edition-updated for Cassandra 4.0-provides the technical details and practical examples you need to put this database to work in a production environment.
Authors Jeff Carpenter and Eben Hewitt demonstrate the advantages of Cassandra...s nonrelational design, with special attention to data modeling. If you...re a developer, DBA, or application architect looking to solve a database scaling issue or future-proof your application, this guide helps you harness Cassandra...s speed and flexibility.
- Understand Cassandra...s distributed and decentralized structure
- Use the Cassandra Query Language (CQL) and cqlsh-the CQL shell
- Create a working data model and compare it with an equivalent relational model
- Develop sample applications using client drivers for languages including Java, Python, and Node.js
- Explore cluster topology and learn how nodes exchange data